Download | Wiki

Problems with TopCurrenciesToCheck / TopCoinTrendChangeCoins

I’m finding an issue with both TopCurrenciesToCheck and TopCoinTrendChangeCoins features of PT Feeder.

Hypothetically…I should be able to utilize a base coin of USDT (Binance) and then either set TopCurrenciesToCheck = 1 or TopCoinTrendChangeCoins = BTC in order to utilize the default MarketConditionGrouping condition to compare my MaxTopCoinAverageChange value to BTC alone. This is not the case.

The values PTF appear to be measuring against are not even close to matching each way I try:

"FeederCandleSize": “5m” and timeframes vs PT 24 hour BTC…

As you can see…the 24 hour BTC price % change, according to PT, is nowhere near the values PTF is listing as the 24 hour (1440 minutes) Top Coins Change value.

Interestingly, when I change the “FeederCandleSize”: “1m” (rather than 5m)…it appears the numbers radically change by over 1%, but although closer to PT’s value it is still a full 0.5% or more away.

I don’t know what these numbers correspond to, but I can’t see how they could be BTC…unless this is a result of PTF not using the same source for this information as PT and perhaps the PTF values are based on minimum 1m timeframe whereas Binance/PT is more of a tick timeframe (much more accurate).

Could this be the cause, am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug to report?

Would you mind sending me your full appsettings file either on here or discord and I can run it up myself to test?

@IT-Jesus1 just to let you know I haven’t forgotten about this. I’ve just not had time this week so far but it is high on the list to check